How to Manually Install Droid Eris MR4 Update
The new MR4 update is being leaked across the Web, however most sites offer no instructions for users on installation procedures. If you’d rather install the update yourself, rather than waiting for the OTA, follow these simple steps to properly install the MR4 update on your Droid Eris.
- Download the file HERE and rename it update.zip
- Connect your Eris to your computer and mount as a disk drive
- Place this file in the main directory of your SD card then shut off your phone
- Hold down Volume Down and Power to enter the bootloader and select recovery
- When the phone reboots with an image of a phone with an alert icon (exclamation point), hold down Volume Up and Power
- Use the volume keys to select apply sdcard:update.zip
- After the update completes, use the volume keys to select reboot from the recovery console
UPDATE: I was finally able to find the files for the 2010 OTA’s for the Eris.
- Eris Eclair 2.1 – v 2.36.605.1 (1.5 Eris -> Leak-v3 / Official RUU ) – CLICK HERE
- Size: 77.7 MB
- MD5: 9a3a82e4b5afb4e885b41d28085b9adc
- Eris Eclair 2.1 – v 2.37.605.4_2.36.605.1 (Leak v3 / Official RUU ->July OTA) – CLICK HERE
- Size: 12.8 MB
- MD5: 6c509776a039149c392940025a13cff9
- Eris Eclair 2.1 – v 2.37.605.4_1.17.605.1 (1.5 Eris -> July OTA) – CLICK HERE
- Size: 75.6 MB
- MD5: d480a50f3fc450d7bc13cb277820c688
Disclaimer: Rooting can void your warranty and may also brick your phone if not done properly. I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device, so go ahead at your own risk.