Tag | shopping
Google sunset their Shopper app last month, an app with millions of downloads that helped users find product information and organize shopping lists
Google & Nielsen recently teamed up to conduct research on mobile phone usage, and how marketers can capitalize on every mobile search moment.
1. 44% of shoppers already started their shopping and researching as of August last year.
2. Searches for ‘promo codes’ increased by 55% year-over-year.
3. Searches rose 20% year-over-year as consumers go online
4. Two of the top three days for online purchases were Mondays
5. Half of all new internet connections will come from mobile phones.
According to the Google/OTX Post Holiday Study from earlier this year, multi-channel shopping has “evolved as the new face of commerce, the norm rather than the exception.” In addition, 34% of consumers researched their purchases online before completing their purchase offline. 21% of consumers researched online and offline before completing their purchases online. (via Google)